Merve Can, D.Prof. (Dr.) Candidate, MCC
Merve is a Master Certified (MCC) executive and team coach and a global facilitator who blends her background as a psychologist and business acumen gained in strategic management consulting and other corporate experiences. Besides she’s pursuing a Doctorate degree researching about effectiveness of cross-functional teams in unknown environments. She has an insatiable enthusiasm for finding out how companies and leaders unleash their potential and meet their best selves while attaining the strategic objectives of their companies with a focus for sustainability and well-being.
Languages: English, Turkish
Focus of Work Experience
Merve worked for a global management consulting company as a strategic management consultant where she held a variety of international projects across different businesses mainly in the industries of FMCG, banking, insurance and sports. Formerly she worked at the leading spirits company in Turkey as a marketeer, within a global cosmetics company as a marketing communication executive, and in HR roles for a world famous beverage company and a leading global tobacco company. Her experience ranges from marketing to organisational change, human resources to sales execution, supply chain to private equities as well as real estate, because of her family business. Merve has been also running her own business in executive coaching and strategic leadership since 2011.
Merve’s leadership experience and her background in strategic management consulting, marketing and human resources enable her to quickly grasp an understanding of the needs of a coachee and the company. She has been able to reflect this experience in her coaching and consulting for many international and local companies and their executive coaching programs.
Areas of Coaching Expertise/Specialism
Being a CEO herself and knowing what it means to run a business, Merve stays updated about how the new economy exerts pressure on the leaders. This adds a fresh perspective to Merve’s coaching skills allowing her to be creative with the new challenges of coachees and companies. Originally being a psychologist, Merve uses techniques from cognitive behavioural coaching and Adlerian coaching models. She has been coaching in FMCG, oil and energy, pharmaceuticals, digital technologies for industry, digital technology for banking, banking and insurance, aerospace and various other industries.
Merve was Turkey’s youngest executive coach awarded the MCC title by the International Coach Federation. Apart from coaching, Merve helps her clients with innovation and emotional intelligence trainings to maintain growth and attain constructive change while reaching the strategic objectives.
Qualifications and Affiliations
· Master Certified Coach (MCC) by ICF (International Coaching Federation), since 2019
· D.Prof. (Dr.) Candidate, Doctorate in Profession in Business & Management, University of Wales, England, to be continued till 2023
· M.Sc. in Marketing Management, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy, 2009
· B.A. in Sociology, Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2005
· B.A. in Psychology, Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2005
· Neuroscience of Change, Coaches Rising, USA, 2022
· Systems Thinking, MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA), 2021
· Korn Ferry 360 Practititoner, Jane Coppenrath on behalf of Korn Ferry, 2019
· Leadership Circle and Culture Survey Certified Practitioner, Leadership Circle, 2016
· Organizations and Relationship Systems Coaching (ORSC) certification, CRR Global, 2014
· Deep Democracy Fundamentals, Deep Democracy, 2017
· Adler Coaching, Adler Europe, 2011
· Belbin Team Leader Inventory Accreditation, Belbin Turkey, 2011
· Cognitive Behavioural Coaching Training, CBC Association, 2011
· Positive Psychology Training, George Mason University, 2011
"SPACE PSYCHOLOGY HAS SOMETHING TO OFFER: WHAT CAN WE TRANSFER FROM ASTRONAUT TRAININGS TO BUSINESS TRAININGS?", 71st International Astronautical Congress (IAC) – The CyberSpace Edition, 12-14 October 2020.
"The Influence of Psychological Factors on Usage Behaviour in Online Social Networking", Bocconi University Milano, Italy, 2009